We kindly ask for your patience as we navigate our new business processes. We may need to make adjustments as we live through our new normal. Our goal is to keep everyone safe.
Consignment Policy & Procedures
DROP OFF HOURS:
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call or email us to make an appointment.
New Drop Off Policies
Due to these unprecedented times, we have adjusted our drop-off procedures to ensure the safety of our consignors, customers and staff. We appreciate your co-operation and your support as we make this transition to better serve you safely and efficiently.
- ALL drop offs are by appointment only and we will under no circumstances accept drop offs unless they are scheduled.
- Appointments can be made by phone or email. Drop off appointments are to be made 24 – 48 hours in advance and we will schedule you at the next available time. Same day appointments can be made IF there is an available time slot. Please email us a brief list of items especially in the cases of large items such as strollers, cribs and wagons.
- We will not accept drop offs if they are late or early as we are working to accommodate all of our consignors, customers and staff. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you can reschedule but you must let us know at least an hour in advance and we will schedule you at the next available time.
- There is a limit to 25 items per drop off and all items MUST BE complete, in good condition and clothing must be freshly laundered.
- All items are to be bagged and labeled with your name and consignor number.
- Based on the current WHO recommendations, items will be quarantined for up to 7 days.
- If after quarantine items are not complete or clean, we will NOT return items and will discard of them appropriately and safely.
- NEW TAGGED ITEMS – Items that are new and have tags that cannot be washed or wiped down will be held in quarantine and MUST have been purchased within the last 2 years. We will request photos.
**Regular drop off periods are usually 1 to 2 weeks dependent on what is received. We reserve the right to close our drop off period at any time dependent on volume or for any safety concerns.
Consignment Funds – Pick Up Policy
- Consignors can pick up money (cash or cheque) owed to them by appointment (same schedule for drop off) or through EFT transfer.
- EFT transfers will be charged a $3.00 fee. If you request an EFT transfer the transaction confirmation # will be sent in an email and will replace the normal initial/signature requirement of acceptance of funds made by the store.
- Consignors picking up money owed to them will receive a cash or cheque in a sealed envelope with the consignor name, number and amount written on the envelope. They will be required to initial receipt of funds.
- Due to the current changes, anyone requiring information regarding their consignment funds can submit an email inquiry and we will respond within 2 to 3 business days. We can also provide information during a scheduled drop off, just please let us know so we can have the information ready for you in advance.
- Money collection time frame will also be extended for 3 months (6 months to collect money will extend to 9 months)
- All accounts will automatically be extended (no requests are necessary)
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not open consignment accounts for 1 or 2 items. We reserve the right to make exceptions based on item or items. Please email or call to inquire.
- All merchandise must be clean, and in excellent wearable/usable condition. If you are unsure if your items are appropriate, please contact us. For hygienic reasons clothing, bedding and curtains must be laundered. Please see policies above for additional requirements for items.
- Any articles not meeting the standards as stated above will be discarded appropriately and safely.
- We can not accept uncleaned, stained, or otherwise damaged clothing, toys, books, furniture or accessories. We want your items to sell just as much as you do and it is our experience that these items just won’t sell.
- All items will be quarantined for up to 7 days, sorted, priced and posted to the Consignor’s account. If articles are not sold within 3 months, they become store property. We are glad to have your suggested selling prices, however we reserve the right to decide the final price.
- Our consignment split is 40/60. You will receive 40% of what your item has sold for. At this time, it is your responsibility to check your account in a timely manner. We ask that you wait at least 4 to 6 weeks after you drop off your items before checking.
- We will announce via email or social media our seasonal drop off dates (ie Winter, Summer). If you are not sure whether we will accept an item, please feel free to contact us. Our drop off times are listed above. We cannot accept items on Saturday afternoons or Sundays.
- When dropping off items, we ask that you do not bring more than 25 items at a time. Please see above for additional requirements for drop off items.
- We want to ensure that you as a Consignor see the highest return on your items and have had experience with what sells and doesn’t sell in our store. Please do not be offended if we reject any of your items, it is not personal it is good business for you and for Twice as Nice.
Now that you have reviewed our policies, you are probably wondering how you can go about bringing your items into the store. Below is a guide to help you.
If you are a new consignor, click on the Consignment Agreement 2020 to view and print our agreement. The agreement will not be valid until it has been accepted by Twice as Nice and a consignment number has been assigned. You will be asked to take a picture of the contract for your records at the time of acceptance.
We want your items to sell just as much as you do and so we do have some restrictions as to what we accept in the way of clothing and shoes. Items such as baby equipment, strollers, and furniture is collected year round. Please check with the store prior to drop off of these items.
- Please check with the store or our social media as to what season we will be accepting with regards to clothing (ie Winter, Summer, Fall, Spring). As mentioned above, we accept baby equipment, strollers and furniture year round.
- Ensure your items are in good condition as listed in our policies above.
- When bringing in your items, if you do not already have an account with us, we will ask you to read and sign our consignment contract. We will go over it with you, provide you with a copy and assign you a consignment number.
- After the quarantine period is over, we will examine your items and accept those items to which we feel will sell in the store.
- It will be up to you to come back in 6 to 8 weeks to check your account for any sales.
- You will be paid by cash, cheque or etransfer($3.00 fee for etransfers).
Please review the list of brands we accept.
What we are looking for:
We accept clothes, toys, books, sports equipment, furniture and accessories.
Baby Equipment always needed:
- Baby Audio and Video Monitors
- Bouncy Seats
- Playpens (No rips, stains or holes in the mess)
- Activity Tables
- Push Toys
- Bumbo Seats
- Baby Gates (All pieces)
- Breast Pumps (New or freshly sterilized and in working condition)
- Booster seats for eating and high chairs (Please clean thoroughly)
Toys in High Demand:
- Lego, Mega Blocks, Playmobile.
- Carolle, American Girl, Maplelea, 18 inch doll furniture, clothes and accessories.
- Electronics: Wii, DSI, Xbox, PSP and Games
- Thomas the Tank Engine: Trains, Track and tables
- Puzzles (Complete), sorting activities
- Tables and Chairs
- Play Kitchens
Strollers in High Demand: Stroller Types include: Single, Double, Umbrella, Three Wheels, Bike Chariots etc.
- Baby Jogger
- Phil and Teds
For more information or if you have a question please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help ensure that you get the best dollar for your items!