Consignment Policy & Procedures
DROP OFF HOURS:
Mon – Fri 10 am-6 pm
Sat – 10 to Noon
NO SUNDAY DROP OFF
- All merchandise must be clean, and in excellent wearable/usable condition. If you are unsure if your items are appropriate, please contact us. For hygienic reasons clothing, bedding and curtains must be laundered.
- Any articles not meeting the standards as stated above will be donated to charity. No articles left for consignment will be returned except strollers and furniture.
- We can not accept uncleaned, stained, or otherwise damaged clothing, toys, books, furniture or accessories. We want your items to sell just as much as you do and it is our experience that these items just won’t sell.
- All items will be examined, sorted, priced and posted to the Consignor’s account. If articles are not sold within 3 months, they become store property. We are glad to have your suggested selling prices, however we reserve the right to decide the final price.
- Our consignment split is 40/60. You will receive 40% of what your item has sold for. At this time, it is your responsibility to check your account in a timely manner. We ask that you wait at least 4 to 6 weeks after you drop off your items before checking.
- We will announce via email or social media our seasonal drop off dates (ie Winter, Summer). If you are not sure whether we will accept an item, please feel free to contact us. Our drop off times are listed above. We cannot accept items on Saturday afternoons or Sundays.
- When dropping off items, we ask that you do not bring more than 25 items at a time.
- We want to ensure that you as a Consignor see the highest return on your items and have had experience with what sells and doesn’t sell in our store. Please do not be offended if we reject any of your items, it is not personal it is good business for you and for Twice as Nice.
Now that you have reviewed our policies, you are probably wondering how you can go about bringing your items into the store. Below is a guide to help you.
We want your items to sell just as much as you do and so we do have some restrictions as to what we accept in the way of clothing and shoes. Items such as baby equipment, strollers, and furniture is collected year round. Please check with the store prior to drop off of these items.
- Please check with the store or our social media as to what season we will be accepting with regards to clothing (ie Winter, Summer, Fall, Spring). As mentioned above, we accept baby equipment, strollers and furniture year round.
- Ensure your items are in good condition as listed in our policies above.
- When bringing in your items, if you do not already have an account with us, we will ask you to read and sign our consignment contract. We will go over it with you, provide you with a copy and assign you a consignment number.
- We will examine your items and accept those items to which we feel will sell in the store.
- It will be up to you to come back in 6 to 8 weeks to check your account for any sales.
- You will be paid by cash or cheque.
Please review the list of brands we accept.
What we are looking for:
We accept clothes, toys, books, sports equipment, furniture and accessories.
Baby Equipment always needed:
- Baby Audio and Video Monitors
- Bouncy Seats
- Playpens (No rips, stains or holes in the mess)
- Activity Tables
- Push Toys
- Bumbo Seats
- Baby Gates (All pieces)
- Breast Pumps (New or freshly sterilized and in working condition)
- Booster seats for eating and high chairs (Please clean thoroughly)
Toys in High Demand:
- Lego, Mega Blocks, Playmobile.
- Carolle, American Girl, Maplelea, 18 inch doll furniture, clothes and accessories.
- Electronics: Wii, DSI, Xbox, PSP and Games
- Thomas the Tank Engine: Trains, Track and tables
- Puzzles (Complete), sorting activities
- Tables and Chairs
- Play Kitchens
Strollers in High Demand: Stroller Types include: Single, Double, Umbrella, Three Wheels, Bike Chariots etc.
- Baby Jogger
- Phil and Teds
For more information or if you have a question please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help ensure that you get the best dollar for your items!